Vera Petersen Counseling, LLC is a private practice for mental health counseling in both Nebraska and Iowa. The main office is located in an artist studio upstairs at Bench in the industrial North Downtown neighborhood of Omaha, Nebraska. The second office location is located on the historic main street of Exira, Iowa. Telehealth services are also available.
My name is Vera Petersen. I graduated in May 2017 with my Master of Arts degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Grace University. I am currently a Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) and a Certified Professional Counselor (CPC) in the state of Nebraska. I am also currently a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the state of Iowa.
I am trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) as a trauma therapy. I am also participating in a 2-year Play Therapy Certification which includes Sandtray Therapy.
My mission is to help people find nourishment through creating a safe place to discuss personal difficulties, while implementing healthy tools and coping skills to use on a daily basis.
My specialties include working with Anxiety, Depression, Grief and Loss, Trauma, PTSD, and relationship issues.
I typically use a CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) approach with additional tools such as EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and Sandtray Therapy.
Payment is required at time of session.
Self-pay/Cash Rate: $135-185 per hour session
Insurance: I currently accept most insurance plans in Nebraska and Iowa. Please check with your provider if I am in network.
Good Faith Estimate Notice
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services.
- You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- As described in the informed consent, you have the right to decide at any time not to receive therapy from me. You have the right to end therapy at any time without any moral, legal, or financial obligations other than those already accrued.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises .
If this is an emergency, please dial 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
– National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
– Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
All other inquiries, please feel free to call, email, or complete the form below. I will do my best to answer your inquiry within 24-48 hours.
If you choose to call, please leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and a brief explanation of your counseling needs.